Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Good idea, bad idea

Phew, what a week it's been. It's been really crazy. It seemed like my 365 books, one each day isn't going to work out so well. Hey I'ma still reading. One a day at least. Got a lot happening at the library. Exciting news! We might have a big time author visit our library. I'm kind of excited. But in better news, I got a review. ^_^

The Mark to be exact. This is the debut book of Jen Nadol. The book was thought provoking to say the least and gets you to thinking "Who Am I?" That's probably my favorite part of about this book, how Cass (main character) is constantly questioning her actions, but then again she has reason to questions them.

Here's a questions: What if you could see death coming?

Exactly!

Cass can see death coming, by a mark on the person that is about to die. More like a haze around the person the day of their death. She doesn't know how to stop it, wanting nothing more but for this "gift" to go away.

But when her grandmother dies she is whisked away to live with her aunt she didn't even know existed. But it seems her aunt wants nothing to do with her and that's where the story begins, her past is revealed and a much deeper, darker secret.

This is very good book, a few words I wish were jipped, but that's just me. Over all it was a very good read.

From Yours Truly,

The Egg Wolfing, Exhausted Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment