Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Post

Goodness. Already it's been two days and I haven't posted. Well there you go, an ADD trying to post every day. Not a good thing. But I've read two books. HEHEHEH. Alright the first one is Steve & Me by Terri Irwin. I absolutely loved this book.

When I think about all that they went through. Steve Irwin was truly a remarkable person and I loved how Terri put it. We all remembered the crazy guy on Discovery with the funny accent. But what we didn't see is that amazing person behind it. He was a force to be reckoned with for sure. He loved everyone around him, and every animal that took shelter in his sanctuary.

I was so amazed by his courage to stand up to poachers, and drunks about animal preservation. How in one instance in the book he stood up to four drunk men who were speaking of the farming of crocodiles for their meat. Not one of the drunks dared hit him. He might have been short physically, but his presence was like a hurricane ready to explode. But how after that he cried in his truck on the way back to his home.

This story is going to be one of my all time favorites and added to my library of books. (Already have an apartment about to burst of books mind you.) He was a true to his word man, and loved everything he stood for. To any of those out there reading this post, or this blog, read this book.

From yours truly,
The Egg Wolfing, Exhausted Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment